Materials for Poached Eggs:
- Pot or deep non-stick cookware
- Small bowl or small ramekin
- Slotted Spoon
- Smooth Towel or Paper Towel
*Pro Tip: Using a non-stick will prevent any eggs from sticking to the bottom and make the process much easier!
Goal for Poached Eggs
Texture: Soft and fluffy ball that looks like a plump cotton ball.
Color: White from the egg whites.
Guide for Poached Eggs:
- Fill pot of water and bring to a simmer.
- While you wait for it to simmer, crack your egg into the small bowl or ramekin.
- Pro Tip: Cracking the egg into the ramekin helps you gently lower the egg into the pot and decreases popping yolk or violent whites around the pot.
- Turn off heat and stir the bottom to remove any of the air bubbles on the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly place egg into the hot water.
- Cook until egg is firm with a bit of bounce.
- Pro Tip: It is okay to check your eggs by taking it out and gently pressing on it to check its firmness.
- When egg is poached place on towel to drain off any excess water.
- Plate and enjoy!
Try These Eggs With:
- Top it on everything – salad, pasta, toast.
- Put it in your favorite soup or stew, it can even bring a cup-o-noodles to the next level!