Materials for Sous Vide Eggs:
- Sous Vide Machine
- Sous Vide Container/Deep Pot
- Slotted Spoon
Goal for Sous Vide Eggs:
Texture: All temperatures of these eggs will give you a soft fluffy egg.
Guide for Sous Vide Eggs:
- 194F for soft boiled eggs and cook for 8 minutes.
- 167F for poached eggs with runny yolk and less egg white, cook for 13 minutes.
- 147F for poached eggs with more whites and a thicker yolk than 167F, cook for 1 hour.
- 145F for poached eggs that have a very runny yolk and slightly wet whites, cook for 1 hour.
*Pro Tip: Our favorite sous vide egg was the 147F for 1 hour, it had fluffy white that still held a bit of texture and better mouthfeel on the yolk as it was thicker. We just don’t like the cook time of an hour. The 167F egg we found to be our least favorite because when you crack the egg open there are wasted egg whites in the shell still resulting in less whites. This is not at all a bad thing but we didn’t like that there was basically wasted egg whites that you either have to gently scrape out which is more work or you throw it which is wasteful and money down the drain. The 145F turned out okay but it felt like eating a thick egg sauce, it had no real texture other than wet. The soft boil egg turned out great period! Definitely something to experiment more on in the future!
Try These Eggs With: