Materials for Sunny Side Up Eggs:
- High heat spatula
- (Non-stick) pan
- Salt & Pepper
Great as is!
Goal for Sunny Side Up Eggs:
Texture: Fully set egg white with yolk still soft.
Color: Yolks are still vibrant yellow.
Flavor: Loads of richness from the runny yolk. More mild in flavor than the Soft Boiled.
Guide for Sunny Side Up Eggs:
- Heat pan to medium-low and add your butter or oil.
- When pan is heated crack the egg into the pan for frying.
- Pro Tip: If you’re afraid of breaking the yolks when you crack into the pan. first crack it into a small dish before placing into the hot pan. This helps you avoid a broken yolk as well as unwanted shells
- Turn heat to low and cook eggs slowly until the whites are fully set. Low heat is important, if heat is too high then the bottom will toughen or burn before the whites have set completely.
- Once whites fully set, plate and enjoy!
Try Sunny Side Up Eggs With:
Anything! Top your favorite rice dish (we did spam and rice for the complete filipino breakfast) or really any dish with a sunny and it becomes a breakfast dish.