Materials for Cloud Eggs:
- Baking sheet
- Hand mixer and bowl or stand mixer
- 2 egg whites
- 1 yolk
- Salt to taste
Goal for Cloud Eggs:
Texture: Egg whites to be firm but fluffy. Egg yolk should be either creamy or hard to your preference. We recommend creamy yolks as they go better with the texture of the egg white.
Color: Egg whites should remain white like a cloud (not like the video!).
Guide for Cloud Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Separate egg yolks and white.
- Place whites in your hand mixer bowl or stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment and whisk until firm peaks then fold in your salt.
- Place whisked eggs on a greased baking sheet and create little nests in the middle of them where you will place yolks (do not place yolk in yet). Bake until egg whites are a bit dried and firm.
- Pro Tip: The first baking stage is so that you bake away the moisture from the egg whites to create a fluffy cloud. This usually takes 4-6 minutes depending on oven but look for a slightly dry cloud.
- Place egg yolks in the nests and bake for another 3-4 minutes just to heat and cook the yolk a little.
- Pro Tip: The length of the second baking stage is preference. If you prefer more cooked yolks then leave it longer but the clouds will turn color. There is nothing wrong with that as that is also preference whether you like it to look more of a white cloud or a cloud that got a tan.
- Plate and enjoy!