Beet Poke has been quite a popular dish lately, especially among health nuts and those just seeking non-animal alternatives. Whether you are a vegetarian/vegan, trying to be healthy, or just curious: beet poke is one of the greatest dishes you can make! It’s light and as refreshing as ahi tuna itself! Let’s dive into making beet poke today!
Carlienne’s Vegan Beet Poke
- Mixing Bowls
- Mixing Utensils
- Measuring Utensils
- Knife & Cutting Board
- Small Roasting Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- 2-3 Medium Sized Beets*
- 2 Tbsp Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Pinch Hawaiian Salt
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Green Onions/Scallions
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Red Onions
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Sprinkle of Furikake
*Instead of beets you can use tofu, tempeh, tomatoes practically anything!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the ends of the beets and place in your small roasting pan with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with foil and steam/roast until you can easily pierce your beets with something sharp like a knife or fork (ours took about 35 minutes).
- Optional: you can also boil the beets on the stove, but we find the oven steaming method a little less messy and more “set it and forget it”.
- Let it cool until it’s easy to handle and then peel off the skin with the back of your knife or a clean rough towel. It should come off easily, but you can slice it off or use a peeler if you still need to (if you’re keeping the beets on the crunchier side).
- Cut the beets into medium diced cubes, or experiment with the shape and sizes depending on the texture you prefer.
- Pro Tip: Think of what you will be putting the poke on, if it’s in a salad we prefer a medium dice, if it’s on rice or a chip/cracker then we like a smaller dice.
- Place diced beets in your mixing bowl.
- For the sauce, mix together all the rest of the ingredients, save some of the green onions for garnish.
- Mix everything together, garnish with green onions and enjoy!
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!
- Cutting Board: Boos Block Edge Grain
- Mixing Bowls
- Half Size Hotel Pan
- Cuisinart Stainless Steel Pans
Camera Gear List*
- Sony A7III
- Sony A7rIII
- Sony SEL2470GM Lens
- Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22
- Deity V-Mic D3
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
- Sirui ET Series Tripod
- White Balance Card
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.