Malabar spinach has quite a bit of flavor and texture for the leaf that it is. While learning about the malabar spinach we were craving Korean pancakes, one of our favorite foods to eat, so we decided to try making our own using malabar spinach. Let’s dive into how to incorporate Malabar spinach into a crispy Korean pancake.
Carlienne’s Malabar Spinach & Kimchi Korean Pancakes
- Mixing Bowls
- Nonstick Pan
- Wire rack and sheet pan
- 1 cup Malabar spinach – Sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Kimchi – Sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Green Onions – Sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Onions – Sliced
- 1 Cup Cake Flour
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Large Egg – Beaten
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Sesame seeds
- Combine all your vegetables in a bowl.
- Whisk together flour, water egg and salt then combine with vegetables.
- In a nonstick pan on medium high heat, add about tablespoon of oil.
- For the sauce combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame seeds and set aside.
- Pour a thin layer of your batter/vegetable mix in the pan and cook until the bottom is a nice golden brown and crispy then flip.
- Pro Tip – To get the second side a little extra crispy add a little more oil after you flip and make sure to lift the pancake so some of the oil can get underneath the whole pancake.
- Drain the pancake of excess oil on a wire rack before serving with sauce!
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!
- Cutting Board: Boos Block Edge Grain
- Mixing Bowls
- Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop
- Cuisinart Stainless Steel Pans
Camera Gear List*
- Sony A7III
- Sony A7rIII
- Sony SEL2470GM Lens
- Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22
- Deity V-Mic D3
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
- Sirui ET Series Tripod
- White Balance Card
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.