Materials for Shakshuka:
- Oven-safe shallow wide pot
- High heat spatula
- Onions and Garlic – chopped/small diced
- Bell Peppers – Half finger length strips
- Cumin, Paprika, Cayenne – Sprinkle Sprankle
- Whole Tomatoes (2 whole tomatoes chopped) and Tomato sauce or can whole tomatoes in juice
- Feta cheese – Sprinkle Sprankle
- Eggs – as many as you want
Goal for Shakshuka:
Texture: Chunky from vegetables in the tomato sauce.
Guide for Shakshuka:
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Heat your pan to medium then add oil.
- Sweat the onions until almost translucent then add your garlic.
- Add peppers, cook until tender.
- Add in your whole tomatoes and cook down the liquid before adding tomato sauce. Add can of tomatoes if using.
- Let it cook down and thicken. Sprinkle seasonings now.
- Once cooked down, make nests in the sauce and crack eggs into the nests.
- Place pot in oven and cook until eggs are done.
- Serve and enjoy!