Materials for Tamago:
- Tamago Pan
- Chopsticks or spatula
- Small bowl with paper towel or sponge for oil
- Eggs – whisked
- Dashi – 2oz to 1 egg (for extra flavor)
- Sugar – to taste (for a sweet tamago)
Goal for Tamago:
Texture: Fluffy but compact/firm to the bite.
Color: Choice of slight browning or not.
Guide for Tamago:
- Heat pan to medium and oil pan with the sponge or small paper towel.
- Ladle some of the whisked eggs into your pan and let cook for a bit.
- When 80% done (still runny), start to fold making about an 1 inch width rectangle.
- Oil pan and ladle the next layer and make sure to let some of the new layer under the folded egg to prevent overcooking.
- Pro Tip: You can move the cooked eggs out of the way to oil the pan properly
- Repeat these steps as many times as you like.
- If you desire some browning, let the rectangle cook for a bit on both side.
- Plate and enjoy!