Materials for Soy Sauce Tea Eggs:
- Slotted Spoon
- Container for brining
- Hard or Soft Boiled Eggs
- Dark Soy Sauce
- Bay Leaves
- Star Anise
- Black Tea
Goal for Soy Sauce Tea Eggs:
Texture: Depending on type of egg, firm to the squeeze but soft to the bite.
Color: Brown marbled lines.
Guide for Soy Sauce Tea Eggs:
- Cook soft or hard boiled eggs (our soft/hard boil guide is here).
- In a pot put 2:1:1:2:2 ratio of water : soy sauce : black tea serving : bay leaf : star anise and bring to boil.
- While brine is coming to boil, gently crack the eggs all over but do not peel the shell off. Place cracked eggs into brining container.
- Pro Tip: you can also peel it completely to color the entire egg.
- When brine is boiling turn off and pour it onto the eggs.
- Let brine over night or longer in fridge once it is cooled down.
- Peel eggs before serving, enjoy!
Try These Eggs With:
In soups like ramen!