Materials for Deviled Eggs:
- Mixing Bowl
- Slotted Spoon
- Couple of Spoons or a Pastry Bag
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Small diced cooked vegetables
- Small diced Proteins
Goal for Deviled Eggs:
Texture: Firm whites and creamy fluffy yolks.
Color: Yolks will be a pale yellow after mixing your ingredients together for the filling.
Guide for Deviled Eggs:
- Follow our hard boiled eggs recipe here.
- Once cooked and peeled cut eggs in half.
- In a mixing bowl take out the yolks from the hardboiled egg without ruining the egg white.
- Mix all your ingredients together, mashing the yolks and making a thick creamy paste. Taste and adjust any seasoning as needed.
- PRO TIP: we used about a tablespoon of mayo to our 4 yolks. We are using large AA grade eggs. If the mix comes out too wet add more filings like small diced veggies or proteins. You can make more hard boiled eggs too and add in the whole boiled egg in the mix. If the mix tastes flat and only like yolks add in something punchy like citrus juice to lift it up, I like to add orange juice sometimes as its not as powerful as lemon juice and lets the yolk flavor still come out a bit.
- Use 2 spoons to form little balls with the mix and insert into the hollowed whites. You can also put the filling in pastry bags and squeeze it into the egg boat.
- Sprinkle with cayenne or if you don’t like the heat and want the color, sprinkle paprika. Then sprinkle some black pepper. To complete the color add something green as well!
- Plate and enjoy!
Try These Eggs With:
Stuff a potato skin with a deviled egg, it’s a boat in a boat!