Here’s our favorite soy sauce glaze that we like to brush on anything we’ve roasted, torched or seared. It’s thick, glossy, and savory but not too salty. You can adjust it depending on the ratios or even the type of soy sauce you use! Learn more about the soy sauce here or check out our “What the F is this?” Series video below!
Carlienne’s Favorite Soy Sauce Glaze
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 Tbs Japanese Soy Sauce (Tamari)
- 2 Tbs Mirin
- 4 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs Cornstarch
- 2/3 C Water
- Combine everything in a small sauce pot, mixing well.
- Turn on the heat to Med and cook until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency. Remember that the sauce will continue to thicken when it’s cooled. Store in the refrigerator.
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!
Camera Gear List*
- Sony A7III
- Sony A7rIII
- Sony SEL2470GM Lens
- Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22
- Deity V-Mic D3
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
- Sirui ET Series Tripod
- White Balance Card
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.