Materials for Hard Scrambled Eggs:
- Fork or high heat spatula
- Non-stick pan (if you have)
Feel free to add anything you want to your scramble!
Goal for Hard Scrambled Eggs
Texture: Cooked firm but a fluffy bite.
Color: Some browning is okay if you’re into that but it’s completely to your preference.
Guide for Hard Scrambled Eggs:
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium high to high heat.
- Carlienne’s way: Our electric stove has numbers 1-8 and high, we go between 6-7. Our portable stove has numbers 1-10, we like to get around 7-7.5.
- Pro Tip: “Cold oil! Hot pan!” is usually the mantra for everything other than non-stick.
- Melt the butter until bubbly but not brown.
- Crack eggs straight into the pan, you can whisk before hand if you like to wash more dishes.
- With your spatula, keep the eggs moving and cooking until it’s no longer runny or liquid-y, scrape the bottom and sides to keep from forming any sheets. You still want medium sized egg curds.
- When finished, take it out of the pan and serve!
Try Hard Scrambles With:
- Breakfast tacos, burritos or fajitas
- Sandwich wraps
- Good ole Pancakes
- Cook some filling in the pan first then add your eggs to scramble all together!