Materials for Egg Drop Soup:
- Favorite basic stock or soup
- Egg whites
Goal for Egg Drop Soup:
Texture: Light and soft.
Guide for Egg Drop Soup:
- Warm up your favorite stock or soup to a gentle simmer.
- Separate your egg whites from the yolk (save the yolk for mayonnaise, find our mayo guide here)
- Optional: lightly whisk egg whites.
- Pro Tip: This step isn’t necessary but I like to break up the white to make a steadier stream of egg whites instead of a ploppy stream.
- Swirl your soup as you drop your egg whites into it.
- Plate and Enjoy!