Hawaiian at Home
With all the fitness and health(y) lifestyles going on, I am sure its tough to find a great Hawaiian meal while still keep yourself feeling nice and tight. Hawaiian food will definitely help you make some gains, just not the ones you think. Sometimes, you may give yourself that one meal where you can go a little extra and we think Hawaiian BBQ Chicken is that plate you can go for! You also don’t have to order this dish because your trying to be healthy either its totally delicious and easy to make at home!
- Mixing Bowls
- Wide Pan for Frying
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Hot Soy Sauce
- 3-4 Cloves Smashed Garlic
- 4-5 Peeled and Sliced Ginger
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh (You can use any kind of Chicken)
Note: 2 methods of cooking this dish, grilling or pan-sear-roast method, we will cover the latter!
- In a mixing bowl combine all the marinade ingredients which is everything except the chicken.
- Mix the marinade with chicken and let the magic happen over night or at least for 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Heat a regular pan or grill pan to medium high heat and add a little oil.
- Pro Tip – Not too much oil as there will be an oil splash zone so be careful of the splatter.
- Sear chicken on one side until it has a really nice caramelization going and almost looks like it was grilled on a bbq, Flip and sear other side.
- Place in baking dish and repeat for other chicken thighs.
- Finish chicken in the oven until fully cooked through, timing depends on thickness of meat.
- Pro Tip – Don’t be afriad to slice open one of the chickens to check the doneness.
- Plate your scoops of rice and mac salad (Hawaiian Mac Salad guide here), shred your cabbage bed for your chicken and plate it. Enjoy!
- You can also make your own popular BBQ Combo plate by cooking up some BBQ Chicken too (Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef guide here)
Try it With:
- This marinade can be used for any meats.
- Make it spicy by adding your favorite hot sauce, we like using gochujang.
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
- Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop
- Cutting Board: Boos Block Edge Grain
- Cuisinart Stainless Steel Pans
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.