Mexican food is one of our favorite things to eat and with our latest efforts in eating less meat, we wanted to make some tacos out of this ingredient. Since radish is rather mild in flavor, we need to introduce some flavor, which we can do by braising. Learn more about the Korean radish here.
Carlienne’s Braised Korean Radish Tacos
- High Heat cooking utensil
- Cutting Board
- 1 Korean Radish – Peeled and Diced
- 1/2 Cup Onion – Diced
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/8 Cup Brown Sugar
- Splash Rice Vinegar
- 5- 6 Small Tortillas – corn or flour (preference)
- 1 Cup English Cucumber – Small Diced
- 1/2 Cup Tomato – Small Diced
- 1/8 Cup Onion – Smalled Diced
- 1 Jalapeño – Seeded and Minced
- 1 Tbsp – Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Lemon – Juices
- In a small pot on medium heat, sear radishes and onions until a nice brown color has formed then add in the braising mix (soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar). Cook until tender and almost all the liquid is gone.
- Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Warm tortillas on a skillet on medium heat and assemble tacos by placing braised radish on tacos then topping with salsa.
Try Braised Korean Radish with:
You can use this braised radish for burritos or even fajitas. Any time you need to substitute for meat, burgers or sandwiches just change how you cut the radish.
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!
- Cutting Board: Boos Block Edge Grain
- Mixing Bowls
- Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop
- Cuisinart Stainless Steel Pans
Camera Gear List*
- Sony A7III
- Sony A7rIII
- Sony SEL2470GM Lens
- Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22
- Deity V-Mic D3
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
- Sirui ET Series Tripod
- White Balance Card
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.