While these spectacular cucumbers hold really well compared to all of the other cucumbers, pickling these sambar cucumbers can extend the life of your cucumbers even more!
how to make Pickled Sambar Cucumber
Pickled Sambar Cucumber Materials
- Small sauce pan
Pickled Sambar Cucumber Ingredients
- 1 C sliced Sambar cucumber
- 1 Tbsp Neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1-2 Pinch of Korean chili flakes
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Peppercorns, or pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2-3 TBS Lemon juice
Pickled Sambar Cucumber Guide
- Peel, deseed, and slice a cucumber into thin slices.
- In a pan combine oil, brown sugar, vinegar, chili flakes, salt, cinnamon, peppercorns, cumin, fennel seeds, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and turn on the heat. Reduce the mix until it gets to a syrupy consistency.
- Pour the brine over your sliced cucumbers and mix well.
- Transfer into a jar/container & cool. Marinate for a few hours.
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!