Moringa Leaf boasts a ton of health benefits: it’s more super than a superfood! It has four times the amount of vitamin A than carrots, seven times the amount of vitamin c than oranges, four times the calcium then milk and honestly that’s barely half of it. The more common and popular way to get moringa leaf in the States is likely in powder form. However, if you have a local ethnic market close by, we urge you check them out because moringa is a fairly common ingredient in many Asian, Indian or African cuisines, so they may carry fresh moringa leaves. Moringa goes by many names, so they might be labeled “malangal” or “malangguy”, but if you know what the leaves look like it shouldn’t be hard to find as they look pretty unique compared to other vegetables. If you’re still curious, learn more about moringa here.
One of the easiest ways to reap the benefits of the moringa leaf is through tea form and it’s so simple to make! You can steep moringa leaves by themselves, but we prefer it with some green tea for a fuller flavor.
Carlienne’s Moringa Leaf Tea
- Pot or tea kettle
- Strainer or tea pouches
If you don’t have a teapot, you can simply brew the the tea in a pot and then strain the ingredients as you pour to serve.
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh moringa leaves; more for a stronger brew
- 1-2 Tbsp Green Tea (optional)
- About 1 Liter of water
- Optional: 1 nub of ginger, 1 fingernail length cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon Honey (optional)
- Wash and de-stem the moringa leaves.
- Optional: you can air dry it or oven dry it make a powder but we enjoy the fresh moringa taste.
- Place leaves (and ginger and cinnamon stick) in teapot. We like to use compostable tea pouches for an easier clean up (some of our teapot strainers have too large of holes).
- Boil water in a kettle or in a pot on a stove.
- Pour the hot water into the teapot and steep for 3-5 minutes, adjust timing depending on your preference.
- Serve tea and enjoy!
- Optional: Add honey for a touch of sweetness.
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!
Camera Gear List*
- Sony A7III
- Sony A7rIII
- Sony SEL2470GM Lens
- Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22
- Deity V-Mic D3
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
- Sirui ET Series Tripod
- White Balance Card
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.