We’re huge fans of the boom of craft ice cream, but we understand that some of the flavors out there can get a little crazy. Inspired, we decided to try our hand at creating an unusual flavor but one that didn’t stray too far from the classic ice cream experience. Try this lemony, fragrant with a baby kick ice cream for yourself and see if you can’t change some minds!
How to Make Lemongrass Ice Cream
- 35G Lemongrass stalk chunks
- 2C Heavy Cream
- 1C Whole Milk
- 3/4C White Sugar
- 2 Pasteurized Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2tsp Kosher Salt
- Whynter Ice Cream Maker
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small saucepan
- Freeze-safe container
- 1-2 Days before, make lemongrass milk: In a pot, bring milk up to steaming, add bruised lemongrass chunks and steep for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and continue to cold steep in the fridge.
- Taste the lemongrass milk. You want a pretty strong flavor in the milk, as it’s only roughly 1/3 of the ice cream base and the cream will really mellow out the lemongrass flavor. Continue to cold steep or add more lemongrass if necessary.
- When satisfied, make the rest of the base: Mix eggs, sugar, and salt until smooth. Add cream, strained lemongrass milk, and vanilla. Taste the base and see if the flavor is enough. If not, add the lemongrass back in, and allow the whole ice cream base to cold steep with the lemongrass another 4-8 hours.
- Once you’re satisfied with the flavor, remove any remaining lemongrass and churn your ice cream!
Tools Used To Make This Dish*
You can support our creations at no additional cost to you by using our affiliate links below. Much love!
- Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop
- Cuisinart Stainless Steel Pans
- Ice Cream machine
- Mixing Bowls
- Fat Rubber Spatulas
- Skinny Rubber Spatulas
Camera Gear List*
- Sony A7III
- Sony A7rIII
- Sony SEL2470GM Lens
- Sony SEL90M28G FE 90mm f/2.8-22
- Deity V-Mic D3
- Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Blue Compass Premium Tube-Style Broadcast Boom Arm
- Sirui ET Series Tripod
- White Balance Card
*We are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.